Feel free to skip to the bottom for the Sugar Cookie Recipe and Royal Icing Recipe !Jump to Recipe
Sex Magic and its practice has been around forever, and honestly, I’m here for it! The power of an orgasm goes a long way so harnessing that energy and channeling it to manifest your goals is HIGH KEY some amazing witchcraft, IMO. Like many baby witches, I started off with basic love spells, (my gateway to sex magic) which crashed and burned (literally!!) They quickly taught me that focused ( a particular person) “love” spells either don’t come through, fizzle out super quick or you meet a lot of “Joe’s”.
Work on yourself, figure out what you want in your life, in your partner and be open to the universe, that special someone is out there, looking for you too. Not ready for a serious commitment but the dating pool has been coming up short? Don’t waste good orgasms on someone who treats you like trash or doesn’t call you back, or worse and doesn’t get you off! Masturbate and slather that orgasm juice onto a candle and call that divine fuck into your life! Just for today or forever, its up to you boo!
What else can we use it for?
Looking for a new job? Sex Magic! New apartment or buying a home? Sex Magic! Money spells? Sex Magic! In need of healing? Sex magic! Want to hex someone? Sex Magic! (depends!) Honestly, there isn’t a huge list of “can’ts” when it comes sex magic, its raw, its powerful and we create it, so let’s manifest some ish! Loving yourself, and giving yourself pleasure is magic all on its own; There isn’t always a need for a purpose or task other than for your enjoyment and wellbeing! The afterglow of a dopamine rush has you looking in the mirror and seeing a snack!
Sex magic can also be done with a group. ( please note, this doesn’t mean that there has to be giant orgy, or any physical contact with the participants. That should be discussed ahead of time and agreed upon by all. more on that soon)
A Note on group work…
There has been a loud thunderclap in the witchy and new age community. Specifically, calling out people for their unethical / cult practices. Their sexual misconduct / predatory mindset, their coercive behaviors or abuse of power. Racism, transphobia and inclusion also needed to be addressed. Work still needs to be done, but I’m grateful for some of the progress I’ve seen. A huge thanks to the resources that have been shared to help people educate themselves and do better. For many, finding a group that you feel comfortable with in general can be hard, but they are out there. Should sex magic comes up, or is an established part of their practice, It is up to you to decide what is comfortable and what is not.
This does not mean that you can’t participate in sex magic rituals in a group setting. My best advice is to ask questions. Ask whatever you need in order to feel comfortable and clear about expectations and what is going on. There is NOTHING WRONG with being cautious, and asking questions. If they can’t answer you, that’s a problem and it may be best to move along.
Listen to your gut, if it doesn’t feel right then don’t feel bad or weird about not wanting to participate or leaving. Your comfort matters, your consent is valid and the moment you want to take it back, that too is valid. This is tough topic, and I find that most often folx prefer to work alone, with a partner or a very established group of people that have been getting together for a while. Again, its really up to you and what you feel is best. *I’m going to stop here because I’d like to get really into this in another post *
In my last post I talked a little about sigils and language. Working them into food magic and boosting spell work. Being a witch, for me, has opened up a lot of different avenues to learn from. It has made me dig deep to learn about who I really am, and to find comfort in that person. Speaking clearly about the things that bother me, has always been an obstacle but I can’t stand in front of the hurdle forever if I want to move forward. I’m trying, and it’s gotten so much better, but there is definitely more room for growth. That being said, I don’t have an issue telling you what I want (when I know what it is lol) but maybe you do, or someone you care about does.
Remember to have an open mind…
For some folks, expression through conversation can be hard. Speaking about what they want from a partner takes time, and trust. Yet even after many years, people can still have fears. Trauma from previous relationships can cause people to hide the things they enjoy, so be mindful of that. Then, there’s the fear of judgement. Past experiences of any kind can contribute to someone being unwilling to share those intimate details . Fetishes are real, Kinks are real, and even things we may consider Vanilla is X-rated for some folx. While they may be into it, its still hard to talk about so again, be open and understanding. This may bring you closer together or at least, help you see that person more clearly.
Witchcraft to me, is about creating the change that we want to see, but you have to be willing to do the work. If you find there are obstacles with your partner or love interest, Perhaps writing a playful message on a cookie for your intended can start a conversation, if you’re shy. That step, is magic to me! Maybe the shy one is your partner, and these phrases are meant to express your desires without putting them in an awkward place ( setting an intention? sounds like magic to me).
Witchcraft also isn’t just about spell work, many witches practice some form of healing, choose to protect others and provide a safe space. You may be the sanctuary a person chooses, to feel comfortable enough to engage in conversation after a few chuckles and a few bites. You may also just want to fuck and looking for a creative way to tell them how great they are at…. (fill in the blank!).
The cookie is your blank slate, your Altar. The magic – is up to you! Happy Kitchen Conjuring’s!
Made these cookies? Tag me on Instagram @GourmetWitch and use the hashtag #foodmagic I’d love to see what you created!
- 1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, or if you don't have one, you can use a bowl and a hand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Cream until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides often.
- Add the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until just incorporated, then Add the flour and baking powder.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness. lightly flouring a cookie cutter, press into the dough, and carefully transfer cut out to a parchment lined baking sheet. Do this until all the dough is used. Refrigerate again for 15 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Take out of the oven and let stand 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- sifter, piping bags, piping tips, couplers ( optional)
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Meringue Powder
- 4-5 Tbsp cool water
- Gel Food Coloring, as needed
- Sift the sugar and meringue powder together. Add water a Tablespoon at a time, and whisk well to remove the lumps. Icing should be almost the texture of pancake batter. ( don't use more than 5 tablespoons of water or it will be runny) do your best to whisk it all together well before each addition.
- Separate Icing into 2-4 small bowls or containers ( it may see like a little but it goes a long way!) start off with a small drop of color and mix. Add as needed to reach desired color, but keep in mind the gels are highly pigmented, so less is more here. Note : Icing being used for outlines or writing, should be a thicker consistency than what you will "flood" or fill with, so take that into account.
- Pipe a thin line around the edges of your cookie and let set for 5 minutes. Fill the inside, and use a skewer or toothpick to distribute icing evenly and eliminate bubbles, use a swirly motion and be sure not to get to close to the piped edge line. Let the cookie set completely then go back and pipe your phrases!
- you can use wilton tip 2-4 for edging and writing, the smaller size is the thinner. if you have couplers, then you can make up multiple piping bags but if not, thats ok, what important is to have fun!