Blackberry Mint Iced Tea
a sweet summer berry tea infused with mint to celebrate the solstice and the Fae!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 Tbsp loose black tea or 4 bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 5 stems whole mint leaves if they are thin, add a few extra
- 1/2 cup sugar, honey or sweetener of choice you can add more if needed
- 16 oz. fresh blackberries or frozen pulp ( i have used goya brand)
- extra berries and mint for garnish
- Ice, as needed
In a medium pot , add the mint and water then bring to a boil. Add tea and sweetener of choice. Cover and let tea steep for 3 minutes
In a blender, add the fresh fruit and puree, or use frozen pulp. Add pulp to tea and let stand another 3 minutes
Strain into a large pitcher with a fine mesh sieve. Press down pulp, getting all the juice into the tea.
Taste and add more sweetener if needed. Let cool, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Serve over ice with extra berries and mint sprigs as garnish